Monday, June 18, 2012

Introduction - The Dominican Journey

     Hello to all and welcome to my blog. I am the child of Dominican parents, who was born and raised in the United States of America. I have recently come to this country to live a new life (18 days in counting). I have decided to study medicine here in UNIBE, Universidad Iberoamericana (Dominican Republic), and write this blog to help future students who would like to do the same. Not only will I post information about the school but, I will also post information about Dominican life and what you should expect when you come here. I will try to explain everything to the best of my ability, give you stories of past experiences, and all the knowledge I can come across while on this journey. Although I have come to the Dominican Republic numerous times, this time is totally different. I have left my home to pursue my dreams and am facing some difficulties wrapping my head around how things work here. Nonetheless, I will display why this country is so great.
     *Disclaimer*: Everything that I write here is not to insult my ancestors, the Dominican people, nor the government. I am solely here to educate people who have not been exposed to this country. I will give as much information that is accurate as possible and I do not intend to scare anyone with the experiences I may face. If there's any information that you believe to be wrong, please let me know.
     This blog will also serve as a personal record of things I will see and the differences I can note between American and Dominican life, and, perhaps improvements to the country. Not only does this blog aim to help future UNIBE students but, it will also aim to help tourists. Many tourists want to explore the country on their own and I am here to give some advice on places to visit, Spanish tutors, and most importantly the behavior and mentality of my fellow Dominicans and the society they live in. Feel free to leave me suggestions. You can contact me at mydominicanjourney@gmail.com . Don't hesitate to share any posts on any social network and comment below :D Que viva la República Dominicana!

Check out my first post about UNIBE and their admission requirements :D
CLICK HERE



ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT ME
@ mydominicanjourney@gmail.com
or comment below : D
I'm here to help!

4 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I am applying to UNIBE School of Medicine for Sept 2014. I just recently discovered your blog. Thank you for all the information that you share! I have found many helpful tips and facts that will make my transition a lot easier. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything you need Jose, I can help! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say thank you. Thanks to your blog I had NO problem getting my papers ready for Unibe and now I am a happy student here :) Good luck with all of your studies!

    ReplyDelete