Monday, August 13, 2012

Resort/Hotel Review #1: Riu Naiboa

     This past weekend I went with my family to a resort called Riu Naiboa in Punta Cana. I have to say it wasn't the best resort I've been to and I don't mean to bash it either. First, the price was pretty good in my opinion, I can't deny. US$250 for 3 nights which is about US$60 per night. The look and style of the resort wasn't that bad either. The entrance is actually an entrance to I believe either 2 or 4 resorts/hotels. So once you enter the entrance to Riu Naiboa you are greeted by an employee who helps you with your bags then, you have to park your car. You enter to reception and get everything in order and go up to your room. My room was  nice, I thought.
Single Room
Click Here for picture link
     The only thing I didn't like was the small space. I also didn't like small details that the room didn't have such as no iron nor an iron board (for this you have to go down to reception and pay minimum RD$500 to use it for an hour), secondly I didn't like that the maids only cleaned my bed and only added more towels instead of taking the dirty ones with them, thirdly there was no hair conditioner but there was shampoo. I don't understand, if you're going to supply shampoo you might as well supply hair conditioner no? The minibar was filled with four alcoholic drinks and Pepsi. I was also expecting room service, which there wasn't. (Correct me if I'm wrong). These details are very minimal but I've been accustomed to different hotels I guess.
     The food I have to say was good at some points but, it was very limited. I ate almost the same thing everyday and every part of the day.
     There also wasn't much to do at the resort. You can play games with the employees like darts and you can also do water aerobics in the pool but other than that it is quite mellow. The beach was nice but the water was filled with plants and leaves. We took a boat ride to see all the beaches around there and they ended the tour with promoting their credit card -_- It was worth seeing all the beaches and swimming in what they call a "natural pool" but when they took us to a hotel to promote that specific hotel, their credit card with vacation packages, and everything, that took away from the tour and ruined the whole thing. After that they took us in a taxi back to our resort. We were bummed out and exhausted. 
     The employees I have to say were really nice and helpful. They also work very hard to bring great shows at night. The first night there, they had a Caribbean street theme where you go to the street and see them dancing and you can join in. There was also a time where they included the kids in the dance which was cool. The second night, they had a Las Vegas themed show where dancers did a routine for a whole hour straight. The last night, they had men vs. women. Now that was quite a show! I had a great night.
     Lastly, there was free wi-fi in the lobby.
*This review doesn't mean that you should cross this resort off your list but, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, in my opinion. I believe that I got a little less than what I paid for and it was very simple but nonetheless, I had a great time with my family.
Double Bed Room
Reception
Dining
Where most of the shows are.
Outside for dining.
Pool
Buda's Bar right behind the pool.
The beach

All pictures were found on this site (Click Here)


ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT ME
@ mydominicanjourney@gmail.com
or comment below : D
I'm here to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment